Hi there! We’re very excited to announce a new beta feature that allows you to connect a Facebook account with Zopto to build campaigns targeting people in a Facebook group.
A couple of things to keep in mind about Facebook: they are way more up on the user if they connect their account from a new device/location, and for 90% of the cases, this will prompt Facebook to ask the user to change their password. However, after you do this, you can log in normally and it won't ask again. As a best practice here, we suggest using generic Facebook accounts, not your personal ones (to avoid the rest password part), as you can join groups with any Facebook account. We need the Facebook account in order to scrape the profiles inside that group, nothing else.
How to do it? Let’s get started!
First, you will need to connect your Facebook profile with Zopto. On the main dashboard, click the red button near your name up at the top right.
2. Once you click the connect button, there will be a remote Facebook login box that appears. This might take a minute or two to load at first, so please be patient.
3. Once Facebook has been successfully synced, the button up at the top of your dashboard will turn blue.
4. At this point, keep your Zopto tab open, but open up a second tab and go to the Facebook account you’re wanting to sync to Zopto. Once in Facebook, go to the group and click members.
5. Then copy the group members URL. In this case it looks like this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/growthnation/members
6. Now head back to your Zopto tab. Once you’re back in Zopto, you’ll need to head to your main campaigns page and click the create campaign button. Select the “From Facebook Groups” option.
7. Now you’re going to paste the group URL below.
8. Once you click “create campaign,” the campaign will begin to fetch. We scrape roughly 1000 profiles from Facebook from each group URL per fetch. Then Zopto starts the guessing part where the user should be left with around 50-60% profiles inside the campaign.
9. Once the campaign fetch is complete, you’ll have the list of profiles from that group in your campaign profile tab. Like other campaigns in Zopto, you’ll be able to set different settings in your Schedule and Modules tab.
10. Press play and your campaign will now be live. Enjoy!